SalivaPOD™ – Saliva collection of DNA/RNA for PCR
Intended Purpose (Area of Use)
“The SalivaPOD™ is a single-use device intended for use by a lay person for the collection and short-term storage of oral fluid specimens. Under the responsibility of a healthcare professional, the person may perform, or the healthcare professional performs, the transfer of the specimen into a transport culture medium, a buffer solution or one or more diagnostic reagents for further transport to a testing laboratory, or for immediate analysis and diagnostic use.”
- Maximize flexibility and adaptability for Test-and-Trace operations
- Utilize existing PCR diagnostic systems with highest sensitivity
- Reduce contamination from saliva into laboratories
- Standardize sampling volume and saliva/UTM ratio 1:3
- Optimize saliva quality for pipetting during PCR operation
SalivaPOD™ is developed in Norway by ConceptoMed AS, and produced in Sweden.
The SalivaPOD™ technology is fully owned by ConceptoMed and is protected by pending patent applications.
The market access is supported by several ongoing partnerships.